St. Louis Area Overview
- Electric: Ameren UE | Crawford | Cuivre River Electric
- Gas: Laclede Gas | Missouri Natural Gas
- Telephone: AT&T | Charter Communications | CenturyTel
- Water: City of St. Louis | St. Louis County | Franklin County | Jefferson County
- Sewer: Metro St. Louis Sewer District
- Cable TV: Charter Communications | Cable America | Dish Network | AT&T
- Lambert St. Louis International Airport.
- Spirit of St. Louis Airport,
- Metro Link. The region's light rail system.
- Amtrak. Stations are located in downtown St. Louis and in Kirkwood.
- Bi-State Bus Systems. Public transportation throughout the city.
- Greyhound Bus Systems. Terminals in Downtown St. Louis and Lambert Airport.
- Taxis: Laclede Cab | County Cab | Chesterfield Taxi
You will find over 2,000 child care providers in the St. Louis bi-state area. Many public school districts now offer some form of preschool and childcare facilities as well as churches and social service organizations. For a complete listing of day care centers and child care providers contact the Child Day Care Association. For information on evaluating pre-schools contact the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Visit a few of our larger childcare providers:
Bethesda Gardens . With 8 facilities supporting the Metro St. Louis area, Bethesda offers a continuum of care from Independent Living to Supportive Care to Full Care. For individuals who wish to remain in their home, Bethesda provides Adult Day Care.
The Brentmoor Retirement Communities. The Brookview Group’s three Brentmoor communities, provide convenient, accessible locations, the safety and security you want and the service you deserve in a senior living community.
Life Care Services. Life Care Services (LCS) develops and manages independent living, continuing care and assisted living communities with 3 locations in the St. Louis area.
Lutheran Senior Services. Six facilities throughout the St. Louis area providing independent, assisted living, and full care.
St. Andrews Provides independent living in a variety of community environments, assisted living in multi-unit communities, skilled care in licensed facilities/communities, and Alzheimer's / Dementia Special Care.
Fairwinds Rivers Edge. Provides independent living in a variety of community environments, assisted living in multi-unit communities, skilled care in licensed facilities/communities, and Alzheimer's / Dementia Special Care.
- St. Louis City Public Libraries
- St. Louis County Libraries
- St. Louis Municipal Public Libraries
- St. Charles City - County Libraries
- Jefferson County Libraries
Greater St. Louis area hospitals are considered some of the best in the nation. St. Louis houses two medical schools, -Washington University and St. Louis University, and two pediatric hospitals, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital.
Drivers Licenses and Vehicle Registration
New Missouri residents have within 30 days of moving to St. Louis to register their car, obtain Missouri plates, and get their driver's license. For more information contact the Missouri Department of Revenue.
St. Louis county residents may register to vote at any of the St. Louis County Public Libraries, City Hall, or area colleges by bringing a proof of signature. After moving, you must register 28 days in advance of an election. For voter information see the following organizations: